ELC Stage 2 Advanced Certificate in Learning and Care (Childcare Level 6) NL12131/Q6M
Is This Course For You?
This one-year professional programme facilitates suitable adults in acquiring qualifications for employment opportunities in the area of childcare management and as classroom assistants.
- Relevant prior experience
- A full QQI level 5 Major Award in Early Childhood Care & Education
- Garda vetting application
- English language assessment
- Personal Interview
What Will I Study?
- Advanced Professional Practice Placement in Early Learning and Care 6C21517
- Sociology and Social Policy in Early Learning and Care 6C21518
- The Developing Child 6C21519
- Curriculum and Pedagogy 6C21520
- Inclusive Early Learning and Care 6C21521
- Supervision and Administration in Early Learning and Care 6C21522
What Qualifications Will I Get When I Finish The Course?
Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care (Level 6) NL121231/Q6M
Career Opportunities and Progression
Graduates go on to secure managerial and supervisory positions in crèches, as classroom assistants, and as registered childminders. Some graduates are self-employed owners of childcare facilities. Others choose to progress to Higher Education and training.
This course will allow selected students to take advantage of a work experience programme abroad in another European country. The opportunity to work/study abroad will enhance your college experience and boost your career opportunities. You will receive Erasmus+ funding, which will enable you to participate in the work experience programme.