Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme
VTOS provides unemployed adults opportunities to return to fulltime education and training.
VTOS Applicants may apply for any of our Level 5 or Level 6 PLC programmes.
VTOS courses are free. Students do not pay examination fees and there is no payment required for course materials.
Who is eligible to apply for a free course under VTOS?
People aged 21 years by their course start date and in receipt of one of the following payments for 6 months (156 days by their course start date):
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Jobseekers Benefit
- One Parent Family payment
- Disability Allowance
- Disability Benefit
- Invalidity Pension
- Blind Person’s Pension
- Dependant Partners of people who are eligible for VTOS
- People signing for credits
Further information on eligibility or entry requirements please contact
Ms Deirdre Finneran, VTOS Coordinator
Telephone: 018443255 During term time
Telephone: 018342333 Outside term time
You may also receive further information from your local Intreo Office. The nearest office is on Mellowes Road, Finglas (opposite the Fire Station)
VTOS Programmes 2022-2023:
Level 5 VTOS Programmes:
- Horticulture Level 5 (VTOS)
- Office Administration with Banking and Insurance Studies Level 5 (VTOS)
- Health Service Skills with Special Needs Qualification Level 5 (VTOS)
- Stage One Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care (Childcare Level 5) NL12123
- Community Health Services Level 5 (VTOS)
Level 6 VTOS Programmes:
- ELC Stage 2 Advanced Certificate in Learning and Care (Childcare Level 6) NL12131/Q6M
- Health Services Supervisory Management Level 6 (VTOS)