Health and Physical Activity Level 6
SPORTS, RECREATION AND EXERCISE 6M5147
Is This Course For You?
This innovative programme, facilitating Level-6 entry, has been designed to immerse the learner in an environment of health awareness conducive to academic excellence.
Students are schooled in the principles of best-practice across a broad spectrum of modules related to healthcare, fitness and physical activity. Specifically tailored as an access programme for third level studies, successful graduates may apply for advanced entry to a number of Degree Programmes.
- Leaving Certificate: Five passes at Ordinary Level, including two honours (minimum grade H4) at Higher Level. Mathematics is a mandatory subject, and Biology is desirable, or
- QQI/FETAC Level 5 award, or
- Others, including mature students: Assessed individually, and
- Medically certified evidence of fitness to participate in exercise, and
- Personal interview
What Will I Study?
Sports Industry Practice, Nutrition and Health, On-Site Massage, Sports Psychology, Team Leadership, Work Experience, Electives: Gaelic Football Coaching Rugby Coaching (In partnership with Rugby Academy Ireland)
What Qualifications Will I Get When I Finish The Course?
QQI Level 6 Sports, Recreation and Exercise 6M5147 and ITEC Gym Instruction.
Career Opportunities and Progression
This course offers progression options for learners to programmes in Universities and Institutes of Technology. Third-level institutes reserve a number of places on
degree courses for mature learners (over the age of 23). Learners must apply to each institute individually.
Graduates of Colaiste Ide Advanced Certificate Level 6 are enrolled in the following Programmes:
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, The Netherlands, Bachelor of Health Physiotherapy
- Portobello Institute Dublin: B.Sc (Hons) Physical Education and Sports Science, (Awarded by London Metropolitan University)
- Garda Siochana College, Templemore
- I.T Tallaght: Sports Science
- Dundalk I.T: Health & Physical Activity Advanced entry
- DIT: Advanced Entry Leisure Management
- ITB: Sports Management & Coaching