You can now apply online - see steps 1 - 7 below for detailed information
You must have an educational background which is that of Leaving Certificate standard. Leaving Certificate Applied and Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme are acceptable entry requirements on the majority of courses. There may be specific entry requirements for some courses, and you will find these mentioned on the relevant course pages.
You will be notified of requirements in relation to text books, materials or equipment when you have been offered a place.
- Offer of places are made on the day.
- You may request an application form from September
- You should return your application form at least ten days prior to the day you would like to be interviewed
STEP 1: You apply online
You apply online using the link below. You can apply at any time. When you complete your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email with login details, username and password, for your new account on our college applications system. You will log into the college applications system regularly to manage your application to Colaiste Ide.
STEP 2: We offer you a place* on the course
Since March, all applicants have been directly offered a place* on the course they are applying for. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis. *This is subject to places being available and any specific course requirements being met, such as a sample of art portfolio, Soccer and Physiotherapy (Applicants to courses that require additional requirements will be contacted about this)
STEP 3: You pay a deposit online to secure your place
To pay your deposit online (€50 for Level 5 Courses and €100 for Level 6 Courses), please click on the login button below. This will take you to the login page of the college applications system. Your login details are on the email we sent you. Select the Payments tab to see the breakdown of course fees and to pay your deposit.
STEP 4: You complete registration & upload your documents
To complete registration, please click on the login button below to log in to the college applications system. Select the Personal tab (to upload photo) and
the Documents tab to upload a copy of some or all of the following documents:
- A suitable passport-style photograph, recently taken, for your student ID card
- Passport or ID Card (with photo) to confirm your identity
- For school leavers, a copy of your Leaving Certificate Results when you receive them or a Statement of Results from your most recent academic course
- Non-EU applicants should hold a Stamp 4 visa. Please upload your GNIB card.
- To protect your data, Colaiste Ide follows the Data Protection Policy and Protocols of the City of Dublin ETB.
STEP 5: You pay your fees online
To pay the rest of your course fees online, please click on the login button below to log in to the college applications system. Select the Payments tab to see the breakdown of your fees and to make a payment. All fees should be paid by the end of September. If you foresee a difficulty in paying full fees by the due date, please contact our Main Office for advice and assistance on 01 8342333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible Fee Exemptions
You may be exempt from paying the Government Levy and QQI Exam Fees if you satisfy one of the following criteria:
- You hold a full medical card in your own right
- You are the dependent child of a full medical card holder
- You are eligible for a student grant from SUSI (letter from SUSI required)
- You are getting Back to Education Allowance or a VTOS allowance
Please upload any documentation to prove you have this exemption, otherwise you will be required to pay these elements of your fee and then seek a refund at a later date.
STEP 6: Induction – early to mid September
At Colaiste Ide we are committed to you having a successful transition to college and your induction, which takes place in early to mid September, is the first important step.
At your induction you will meet your Course Co-ordinator, other college staff and your fellow students. You will receive lots of useful information (including your timetable) about your course and the college. We will email you the exact date, time and location of your induction.
STEP 7: Start classes
Your classes are due to start on the week of 20th September. Your college life begins…. We look forward to welcoming you.